To become Sheridan University, celebrated as a global leader in undergraduate professional education.
Sheridan delivers a premier, purposeful educational experience in an environmentrenowned for creativity and innovation.
Seneca is building a different kind of school with a different kind of graduate. We are driven by our values of excellence, innovation, community, and diversity. Seneca will be the preferred partner for colleges and universities, offering students the most innovative pathways in Ontario in a number of distinct academic clusters. With an enviable reputation for academic excellence, Seneca will continue to offer career- relevant programming at the certificate, diploma, baccalaureate, and graduate certificate levels. The College will consistently renew and refresh its programs, driven by a focus on student mobility and market demand.
Every program at Seneca will embed cross-disciplinary and experiential learning, and provide flexible learning options that enable students to learn during the day, in the evening, on weekends, in person, and online. More students and faculty will be supported in international study, work, and volunteer opportunities designed to enrich their own Seneca experiences. Students
will benefit from a comprehensive set of integrated advising services, from pre-application through to graduation, that will help them match their educational and career pathways with their interests and skills.
A different kind of school will produce a Seneca graduate with distinctive qualities: highly attractive to employers; ethical, engaged and confident; and adaptable and capable of addressing the challenges of the future in a global context. Our focus on the Seneca Core Literacies will ensure that graduates from every program have the broad range of skills that are key to success:
communication, problem solving, critical thinking, and collaboration – the skills required to navigate change at work and in society.
We will make our society a better place by providing a transformative life experience through empowering those who study with us to think and learn in progressive, innovative ways, including those we have not yet imagined.
Success for all through learning and partnerships.
To ensure quality, accessible education through innovative programs, services and partnerships for the benefit of our Northern communities.
Enriching lives and fulfilling dreams
Providing outstanding applied education and training for a changing world
Prosperous communities and transformed lives.
Creating new realities by opening endless opportunities.
LAMBTON COLLEGE VISION/MANDATE
Lambton College fosters innovation and entrepreneurship among our faculty, staff, and students, and in the local and global communities we serve. As the sole provider of higher education in our region, and as a mobile learning college, we are committed to providing teaching and learning excellence in a broad range of program offerings, and a full range of credentials in alignment with our areas of specialization.
It should be noted that our Strategic Mandate was developed within the context of the Lambton College Strategic Plan, and was developed and received with and by the Lambton College of Applied Arts of Technology Board of Governors.
The French-language college of the 21st century – Committed to success, access, productivity and innovation, La Cité’s mandate is to:
• Help each student achieve success by offering a customized learning approach and applied training focused on developing creativity and engagement.
• Support the social, cultural and economic development of the Ontario community through its presence and activities.
• Leadership in polytechnic education.
Humber develops broadly educated, highly skilled, and adaptable citizens to be successful in careers that significantly contribute to the communities they serve – locally, nationally, and globally.
To be the most personally connected learning organization in Canada – a catalyst for individual, organizational, and community transformation. Through partnerships, we will connect people from all walks of life to extraordinary learning experiences that will inspire innovation and prepare them for life and career success. With a reputation for excellence, Georgian graduates
will be in demand by employers and will contribute to the economic vitality, sustainability, and quality of life in their communities. Our learners and employers will feel a lifelong connection to Georgian because of the positive difference we have made in their lives.
• Unlocking potential.
• We provide pathways to success, an exceptional learning experience, and a global outlook to meet the needs of students and employers.
Durham College is the premier postsecondary destination for students who succeed in a dynamic and supportive learning environment. Our graduates develop the professional and personal skills required to realize meaningful careers and make a difference in the world.
The student experience comes first at Durham College.
•Transforming lives and communities through learning.
•To educate students for career success.
Collège Boréal has a dual mandate: to be a postsecondary college institution and a vital community development organization. Collège Boréal is a hub of education, innovation, culture, and community serving a diverse francophone clientele: Franco-Ontarians, French immersion students, immigrants, French-speaking First Nations and Métis persons, and international students, among others. Its purpose is to produce a highly skilled bilingual workforce that is active in French-speaking communities and contributes to the economic, social, and cultural vitality of the province and country.
The following statements are part of the College’s 2010-15 Strategic Plan:
To foster knowledge and stimulate culture.
Collège Boréal provides a high-calibre personalized education to a diverse clientele and practises community leadership to foster the sustainable development of the francophone community of Ontario.
• We create vibrant, engaged and sustainable communities of learning, teaching and research committed to free enquiry and expression.
• We encourage the dynamic interplay of research, teaching and learning, which enhance and energize each other in the classroom and beyond.
• We strive to make valued and socially responsible contributions to our local communities, to Canada, and to the world.
• We support a diversity of faculty, staff and students who share a commitment to the learning experience and are responsive to its challenges.
• We foster an environment where Indigenous knowledge are respected and recognized as a valid means by which to understand the world.
• We offer an enriched learning environment that encourages a passion for all knowledge, the exploration of the creative links between fields of study and a critical engagement with the world.
• We create opportunities for students, staff and faculty to flourish and develop as individuals and as global citizens.
• We affirm our commitment to excellence, to innovation and to leadership in research, academic programmes and community partnerships.
• We commit to building an inclusive intellectual and social community that values the collaboration of all of its individual members
Ryerson University is a leading institution of innovation and entrepreneurship that responds to societal need through high-quality, professional, and career-related bachelor, masters, and doctoral programs, and relevant scholarly, research, and creative activities.
Ryerson is student focused, providing an emphasis on experiential learning, creativity, entrepreneurship, adult learning, and transfer pathways from colleges and other universities.
Ryerson is an inclusive, diverse learning community. In its role as a City Builder, Ryerson enhances access and civic engagement, and has a positive, transformative effect on its neighbourhood and the broader community.
Ryerson University will be a comprehensive innovation university, recognized as a national leader in high-quality professional and career-related bachelor, masters, and doctoral programs, and relevant research. It will be a global leader in interdisciplinary, entrepreneurial zone learning.
Ryerson’s students, graduates, and faculty will contribute significantly to Ontario’s and Canada’s economic, social, and cultural well-being.
Ryerson will expand its strong foundation of distinctive career-related academic programs and related scholarly, research, and creative activities, producing graduates who enable change.
Ryerson will enhance its leadership in experiential learning, adult learning, and transfer pathways. As a City Builder, Ryerson will build partnerships that foster social and cultural innovation, and economic development.
MCMASTER UNIVERSITY’S VISION/MANDATE
To achieve international distinction for creativity, innovation, and excellence.
“At McMaster, our purpose is the discovery, communication, and preservation of knowledge. In our teaching, research, and scholarship, we are committed to creativity, innovation, and excellence. We value integrity, quality, inclusiveness, and teamwork in everything we do. We inspire critical thinking, personal growth, and a passion for lifelong learning. We serve the social, cultural, and economic needs of our community and our society.”
itted to excellence in teaching, applied learning, and innovation.
By understanding the path from education to employment, we will:
• Set the benchmark to which all colleges will aspire and be recognized as a key resource in shaping the future of Toronto as a leading global city.
• Build a seamless bridge between learners and employment as we develop dynamic programs and workplace-ready graduates who will be the candidates of choice for employers.
• Create a community of lifelong learners, grounded in the principles of access, diversity, mutual respect, and accountability.
Students succeeding through personalized learning. Innovation and achievement powered by people.
Fleming champions personal and career success through applied learning. We contribute to community
success and sustainability through programs, services, and applied research.
Confederation College inspires learners to succeed in their lives and careers in Northwestern Ontario and beyond.
• Confederation College will enrich lives through learning.